How To Save Other People Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories allow users to share their videos and photos with their followers. The feature allows users to share moments from their life with their friends and fans. While it is a beautiful feature, it comes with a limitation. It lasts only for 24 hours, after which you cannot have any access to it. It may have often occurred to you if you could save certain Stories.
It is possible to save other people’s Instagram Stories without letting them know about it. There are different ways to achieve this, as explained here.
On iOS Platform
If you have an iOS device, you can use the following steps to save Instagram Stories:
- • Launch the app on your device
- • Open the Story that you want to save
- • Tap the menu button found on the lower right corner (featured by 3 dots)
- • Choose the option ‘save’ / ‘save photo/video’ from the pop-up menu.
It is recommended to choose the option ‘save story’. This will allow you to access all the contents of the story in a single video file.
Apple’s Screen Recording Feature
Apple launched a unique screen recording feature with its iOS 11 release. It allows you to save all the action on the screen and is an excellent way to record and save someone’s Instagram Stories. You will have to enable the feature before the ‘Screen Recording’ feature is displayed on the menu.
- • Go to Settings
- • Open Control Center
- • Choose the option Customize Controls
- • Scroll down and add Screen Recording
Now, every time you come across an interesting Story, you can record it with a tap.
On Your PC
You can use the Chrome IG Extension to save other people’s Instagram Stories on your PC. Make sure you have the Google Chrome browser installed on your system.
- • Log into your Instagram account
- • Download and activate the Chrome IG Extension (once it is active, the extension appears on the right side of the address bar)
- • Click on the extension and it will list all the recent stories from accounts you are following
- • Select the Story you want to save
- • Click the download option
The extension will save the Story in a Zip folder.
On Android Platform
If you have an Android device, you will need to install a specialized app from Play Store before you can download someone’s Instagram Stories. Once you find the right app, the steps involved are simple:
- • Open the app and log in using your Instagram account
- • You will see Stories from all the profiles you follow
- • Tap on the profile name the Stories will be shown in a grid format
- • Tap on a Story and select the ‘save’ option
The Story will be saved on your device in a folder. Usually, such apps allow you to view downloaded Stories from within your device’s Gallery app.
So follow these steps to save other people’s Instagram Stories.Back to All Blogs
Learn how to download YouTube videos or any other such site videos online for free using our site/tool.