How To Download A Picture From Instagram?
Every time you come cross a picture on Instagram and liked it, you must have wanted to save it. When you right click on a photo, there is no option to save the image. It can seem to be intriguing that a photo-sharing app with over 1 billion followers doesn't provide any options for its users to save images they may like.
Screen shot is one of the first thoughts that come to your mind when thinking of downloading pictures from Instagram. While this may seem to be a simple step, it requires you to edit and save the screen shot image. Besides, the quality of the saved images is of very low quality.
It is recommended to follow these steps to download the desired pictures on Instagram.
Saving a Picture on Instagram
- Locate the Picture: Locate the photo you want to download. You will see a web link on the top right corner of the picture. Tap on it and access and copy the web link. If you are using Instagram on your PC, the menu button can be accessed at the bottom right corner.
- Navigate to the URL: Once you have copied the URL, open Chrome, paste the URL, and tap/click it open.
- HTML Source Code: Now check the HTML source code of the page. You should navigate to ‘view’, ‘developer’, and ‘view source’. On desktop, you can right click on the page and choose the ‘view source’ option. Almost all the major web browsers allow you to view the source code of a given page.
- JPG URL: Now search for the URL of the JPG that you want to download. There is no need to go into all the markup format in the source page.
- Find Option: Use control + F and type JPG in the search box. Look for the first JPG URL and copy its link. It will start with https.
- Paste: Open a new tab in the web browser and paste the JPG URL and press ‘enter’ or tap open.
This will display the required picture on the page. You can now find the ‘save image as’ option when you right-click on the photo. This will allow you to save the desired photo in its full resolution
Do You Need to Know HTML?
You may be confused whether you will need to know about HTML coding to be able to use this method. The content on the ‘view source’ page is in markup format. There is no need for you to go into the details on the page. All you have to do is to find the JPG URL of the desired picture. It is usually the first JPG link you will find.
So follow this simple method to download any picture on Instagram. So the next time you come across your favorite model, icon, or automobile, you can simple check its source code and download the picture. There is no need to install any app for the purpose.Back to All Blogs
Learn how to download YouTube videos or any other such site videos online for free using our site/tool.