5 Free Ways To Download Instagram Videos
Instagram is one of the most popular platforms to share aspects of your life through photos and videos shared to your page. There is also the option of tagging other Instagram users to the picture or video if they are in it or it is relevant to them.
However, a huge flaw in the Instagram app or website is that to save instagram photos or download videos, Instagram itself has not provided any option. This applies to users even when they are tagged in a picture or video, which automatically implies most of the time that they are allowed to save it or use it.
But, even though Instagram does not provide a feature to download its media directly to your device, there are other ways to do it. Some of these are given below:
1. Web Browser: In a computer, open the Instagram page and log in. Search and go to the profile that contains the video you wish to download. Click on the video.When it projects over the Instagram, right-click outside the post and click on “View page source” from the drop-down menu. In the new tab that opens, press Ctrl+F and search for “mp4”. Copy the first link between the double inverted commas after “content=”, containing “mp4”, paste it in the address bar of a New Tab and press Enter. Click on the vertical ellipsis at the bottom right of the video that appears and click on “Download” to save it in your default download folder.
2. Instagram video downloader: Whether using Instagram in your smartphone or PC, you can download and install an Instagram downloader to save Instagram videos. Then, all you need to do is copy the URL of the video from the post and paste it in the search bar of the downloader. Just press Enter and the downloader will seek out the required video for download.
3. Online video downloader: These work similar to the installed downloader, except these are websites that do not require the download of any resources. Here too, one has to copy the video URL, paste it in the search bar and press Enter to have the video loaded for download.
4. Extension: Alternatively, you may add an extension to your web browser that will either add a download button to Instagram videos that you must click or a search bar to the tool tray of your browser, where you can copy and paste the video URL and press Enter. In either case, it will download the Instagram video to your download folder.
5. Mobile background app: As the name suggests, they run in the background in your phone. Whenever you copy a video URL, the app will automatically start and accomplish the download in the background and add it to the specified folder. These almost give the feel of real Instagram download.
While you have such a wide range of options to choose from, you can check out Instagram Downloadr, an extremely versatile online downloader that can download not only videos but also photos, DPs, albums, stories and IGTV videos.Back to All Blogs